I'm definitely excited about Dulce de Leche Cheerios! The flavor is spot on, sweet but not too sweet and perfectly crunchy. The weird thing about me is that I like to snack on cereal, not eat it as a meal. Just now I'm snacking on it after dinner. Perfect little sweet treat!
Now, remember when I made the Famous Cereal Milk™ by Christina Tosi in her latest cookbook, Momofuku Milk Bar. I wanted to adapt that same method of soaking the cereal in whole milk, infusing it with the Dulce de Leche flavor and then using that flavored milk as a base for this creamy cocktail.
Dulce de Leche Martini
This can be made both alcoholic and non-alcoholic, so just add a splash of vodka if you are of age and enjoy a drink after work. It's not overly sweet and has a slight caramel flavor. The creamy texture added by the Cheerios make this a drink you can sip on all night!
Dulce de Leche Martini
Serves 1 (double or triple for more)
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup Dulce de Leche Cheerios
pinch of salt
1 ounce vodka
- Soak Cheerios in milk for 5 minutes and blend, adding a pinch of salt. Strain twice through fine mesh strainer.
- Pour into ice filled shaker and add vodka. Shake and strain into martini glass. Serve with a cookie stirrer.
Don’t just eat Dulce de Leche Cheerios with milk at breakfast. Enjoy the sweet flavor and crunchy texture of Dulce de Leche Cheerios in one of these recipes for fun new snacking options:
- Dulce de Leche Cheerios Snack Mix- combine pretzels, nuts, and other sweet treats with Dulce de Leche Cheerios for a sweet and salty munching mix with a crunch
- Dulce de Leche Popcorn Balls- Gooey popcorn balls that melt in your mouth as you bite into the caramel flavors
- Dulce de Leche No Bake Snack Bars- Hearty bars with bits of fruit and nut for on-the-go snacking
- Dulce de Leche Apple Bread- A hint of caramel paired with refreshing apple flavors that is perfect for any time of day
- Dulce de Leche Cheerios Parfait- Jazz up your yogurt with Dulce de Leche Cheerios and fresh fruit
- Dulce de Leche No Bake Cheesecake- Make your own crust for this rich cheese cake using Dulce de Leche Cheerios
- Box of Dulce de Leche Cheerios
- Orange polka dot cereal bowl
- Cereal spoon
- Dulce de leche scented candle
- Leave a comment telling me your favorite Latin American/Caribbean dessert or flavor profile.
- For an extra entry, tweet this and comment that you did: "Enter to win a Dulce de Leche Cheerios prize pack via @nella22 and #MyBlogSpark http://bit.ly/yPljsI #giveaway"