- They contain no fillers, MSG, nitrites or nitrates
- Buffalo are range-raised without antibiotics or growth hormones
- We believe that animals should be treated with dignity.
- We believe the environment can be renewed through wise use.
- We believe that what we produce for others to eat should be equal in quality to what we, ourselves, choose to eat at home.
- We support the growth of "Organic and Sustainable" agricultural practices and feel that the American Buffalo fits this well.
- We believe that our employees and member ranchers should be fairly compensated for their efforts and in so doing be empowered to enjoy a full and fruitful life.
The Buffalo sausage used in this filling is Bratwurst, considered by most as the German soul food! Spiced with pepper, nutmeg, mace, and coriander, this sausage is flavorful and lean. It's also gluten-free, uncured, and skinless. Check out the recipe below for some Italian-inspired German soul food! We served these Bratwurst ravioli with a celery sauce and sprinkled with paprika, hearty and delicious!
Buffalo Sausage & Ricotta Filling
Makes 1 cup
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 Bratwurst Buffalo sausages, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
3/4 cup ricotta
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a skillet. Add chopped onions, cooking until onions are translucent. Add chopped sausage and cook for 5 minutes, making sure to not overcook.
- Remove from pan and reserve.
- In a blender or using an immersion blender, puree ricotta cheese, onions, and cooked sausage.
- Season with salt and pepper. Use to fill pasta. Read the link below on how to make pasta!
Want to try buffalo sausages? Enter the code VIRTUALPOTLUCK and receive 15% off any hot dog or sausage purchase through the end of March 2012.
Check out their Facebook page and stay up to date on new promotions, recipes, and more!
The Buffalo Guys Facebook Page
Disclaimer: Buffalo Sausages were provided free of charge to review and develop this recipe with. Opinions, as always, are based on personal testing and tasting!